Sunday, November 14, 2010

Long time no talk...

it's been foreverrrr since i last posted. Lots has happened and it seems that everyday just keeps going by faster and faster.

So, on the abroad front... I am no longer going to France. The application process for the program I was going through didn't work out so well, so I decided to re-adjust my plans. I am now going to AUSTRALIA!!! I am so so excited. I really think I am making the right choice now, because there is not one day I have second guessed myself. I am so excited to go somewhere where I can be outside, experience a new climate and culture and the wildlife there is crrrrazy amazing. The one thing I think I want to do most is get certified to go scuba diving, so that I can scuba on the great barrier reef. Even just typing that sentence I feel like I am in a fairytale... it is going to be amazing. So yeah exciting times coming up...

Right now however I am about to be drowning in school work. My classes seemed so easy at the beginning of the semester, but I have come to find that all of them are ridiculously demanding. For two of them I have responses due at least twice a week and for Hinduism (definetly my hardest class) I have a quiz everyday in class on the reading. It crazy but I really have been enjoy that class, it is really interesting to learn about a religion/ culture where there is more to life than material items and petty worrying. The simple act of breathing can change a person's day and I think that is extraordinary.

On that note, when I am in Australia I am looking to find something more to life. I have been struggling this semester in trying to find meaning in what I am doing here. I know it is important to get a good education in order to advance my future (blah blah blah) but isn't it important to value other things? I know what I am writing probably sound cliche or whatever, but I am truly hoping to find something in myself. The partying and drinking scene here at smc has really started to wear me down- people just get wayyy to crazy and say things that they don't mean. I am just getting tired of that being the revolving motive in order to have fun. I am not saying I dont want to party anymore (anyone who knows me knows that I like to have a good time), but I am just saying that it is definitely taking a toll on me this semester and it will be great to have a break.

Anyways, longggg post but it has been a while and a lot has happened (obviously i left a ton out) but I am going to try and update more before I leave for Australia and definitely while I am there!




Here is a picture of my friends hannah, nicole and I during one of our parties. It was a cinco de mayo theme (my fav holiday) and it was definitely one of the best nights of my semester!

Until next time... ya are what you eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment